Workspace is too slow.
- Hope you have already checked this [Workspace issues](http://Workspace FAQ) and confirmed that there are no internet issues.
- Workspace tends to get slow if you have either large number of files or large files in the workspace directory. And use the following commands to find out disk usage.
du -hs # Summary of disk space taken
du -a . | sort -n -r | head -n 10 # Understand what files are taking up most space
If you see >100 MB disk usage, then you might have to remove the files that are large in size or consider moving them to /home/crio-user/ directory.
- Module 4: Large files
- Create directories
/home/crio-user/ftp_serverthat you’ll use for large file transfers.
- Smaller files (in KB) can be kept under
/home/crio-user/workspace/ftp_serverthat will be retained across workspace suspend and resume.
- Module 5: Large pcap files
- Make sure you use appropriate filters to reduce file size before you commit and push. And if large pcap files exists, you have to remove them.
- Git Objects:
- If you have large git objects that cause the issue, you may have to copy the necessary files to a different folder, remove your project repository, do a git clone with instructions from module-1 and then copy necessary files back.
- If you are more adventurous, you can use achieve the same with of git reset command.
If your final
du -sh < 100MB and you still run into this issue, contact Crio Team with the output of du -sh command.