Weird Assertion error

I have implemented the AlphavantageService code and while testing i get assertion error saying the values obtained from function doesn’t match the actual test value but from the results it seems to be same. I am attaching the screenshots of the results and also the stack trace

org.opentest4j.AssertionFailedError: expected: <157.92> but was: <148.26>
	at org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.fail(AssertionUtils.java:55)
	at org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertionUtils.failNotEqual(AssertionUtils.java:62)
	at org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:86)
	at org.junit.jupiter.api.AssertEquals.assertEquals(AssertEquals.java:81)
	at org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.assertEquals(Assertions.java:993)
	at com.crio.warmup.stock.quotes.AlphavantageServiceTest.getStockQuoteSingle(AlphavantageServiceTest.java:69)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.junit.platform.commons.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:675)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.MethodInvocation.proceed(MethodInvocation.java:60)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain$ValidatingInvocation.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:125)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.intercept(TimeoutExtension.java:132)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.interceptTestableMethod(TimeoutExtension.java:124)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TimeoutExtension.interceptTestMethod(TimeoutExtension.java:74)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker$ReflectiveInterceptorCall.lambda$ofVoidMethod$0(ExecutableInvoker.java:115)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.lambda$invoke$0(ExecutableInvoker.java:105)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain$InterceptedInvocation.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:104)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.proceed(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:62)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.chainAndInvoke(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:43)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.InvocationInterceptorChain.invoke(InvocationInterceptorChain.java:35)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.invoke(ExecutableInvoker.java:104)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.execution.ExecutableInvoker.invoke(ExecutableInvoker.java:98)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.lambda$invokeTestMethod$6(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:202)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.ThrowableCollector.execute(ThrowableCollector.java:73)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.invokeTestMethod(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:198)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.execute(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:135)
	at org.junit.jupiter.engine.descriptor.TestMethodTestDescriptor.execute(TestMethodTestDescriptor.java:69)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$5(NodeTestTask.java:135)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.ThrowableCollector.execute(ThrowableCollector.java:73)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$7(NodeTestTask.java:125)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.Node.around(Node.java:135)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$8(NodeTestTask.java:123)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.executeRecursively(NodeTestTask.java:122)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.execute(NodeTestTask.java:80)
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.invokeAll(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:38)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$5(NodeTestTask.java:139)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$7(NodeTestTask.java:125)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$8(NodeTestTask.java:123)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.executeRecursively(NodeTestTask.java:122)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.execute(NodeTestTask.java:80)
	at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.invokeAll(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:38)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.NodeTestTask.lambda$executeRecursively$5(NodeTestTask.java:139)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.submit(SameThreadHierarchicalTestExecutorService.java:32)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.HierarchicalTestExecutor.execute(HierarchicalTestExecutor.java:57)
	at org.junit.platform.engine.support.hierarchical.HierarchicalTestEngine.execute(HierarchicalTestEngine.java:51)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncher.java:220)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.lambda$execute$6(DefaultLauncher.java:188)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.withInterceptedStreams(DefaultLauncher.java:202)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncher.java:181)
	at org.junit.platform.launcher.core.DefaultLauncher.execute(DefaultLauncher.java:128)
	at com.microsoft.java.test.runner.junit5.CustomizedConsoleTestExecutor.lambda$executeTests$0(CustomizedConsoleTestExecutor.java:42)
	at com.microsoft.java.test.runner.junit5.CustomContextClassLoaderExecutor.invoke(CustomContextClassLoaderExecutor.java:29)
	at com.microsoft.java.test.runner.junit5.CustomizedConsoleTestExecutor.executeTests(CustomizedConsoleTestExecutor.java:38)
	at com.microsoft.java.test.runner.junit5.CustomizedConsoleLauncher.execute(CustomizedConsoleLauncher.java:29)
	at com.microsoft.java.test.runner.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:60)

e1

@anand-crio Pls look into this I am not understanding what to do

Are you sorting list in ascending order? right?

Yes according to the date

Are you checking the list to ensure only those values which lie given date range are retained and rest are not considered?

Yes ofcourse you can see in the screenshot and verify. Problem is I dont understand if the value to be checked is 148.26 according to the test then why it is expecting 157.92 (identified from the stack trace)

Hey @manoj-ochaney just looked into your code and i think found out your error classic Type Casting Mistake

Hint: Sorting is not working correctly because there is difference between String datatype and Localdate datatype

Actually i have manually verified the sorted list and it is correct and only contains the dates which are in between the start and end date given. I dont think there is any error in type casting here because the code correctly extracts the value 148.26 and it tries to match it with 157.92 which is nowhere present in the test assertValue function.

Hey @manoj-ochaney i have seen your last commit which is made by you where are you making this mistake i am not able to access your workspace last time and i have again tried it but as of now you are offline i will try it later.

@amanagar Sir, I am also facing the same issues.

@amanagar Did you see it? I would also like to mention that while push the build was failing and hence not able to push so I commented the lines in Test file on which it was creating error

I found a mistake in my code while making the list and rectified it and now the error is not occuring. Sorry for any trouble caused and thank you for looking into it.

I am not getting how to map the json to the pojo class can you help please

Please elaborate on the situation. Happy to help

1. Read JSON as string.

2. Use JSON string and readValue functionality of objectMapper. That will help you to serialize JSON response string.

If you want to know more Google these things and you will find direct answers there. Attaching link below to help you!