Vsftpd service not found

vsftpd service not found
I made changes in config file of vsftpd.conf
I gave the command sudo systemctl restart vsftpd_v1.conf
total confused

Hi @hrithik_cr7
Looks like you are facing challenges in the current module.

Below is a link to all the FAQ’s for the current module

Below are a few similar topics raised by other users which you might find usefull

Note - This is a BETA Feature,if you find this helpful, kindly let us know.
Feedback link - https://forms.gle/cmxN5pdTXgnwgC986

Kindly mark this as a solution if this has helped you solve your query

Hi @hrithik_cr7,

We are provided the vsftpd application itself & thus don’t have to invoke it using systemctl
The command provided in the Milestone 1 Start the QBox server itself would suffice with some modifications

I made some changes in my vsftpd_v1.conf file than I ran
sudo systemctl restart vsftpd_v1.conf

it is showing the same error
Failed to restart vsftpd_v1.conf.service: Unit vsftpd_v1.conf.service not found.

how Can I make changes In vsftpd_v1.conf and make service of vsftpd enable

We are not using the vsftpd service here but rather the provided vsftpd_v1 application available inside the QBox directory, so don’t use systemctl restart vsftpd_v1.conf

You can start the server by using this command vsftpd_v1 vsftpd_v1.conf where the first parameter is the vsftpd server application we have with us & the second the configuration file for it. Now, you will run across errors on doing so like command not found, permission denied etc. as mentioned in the Note section in Milestone 1

Please go through the Note section to get more context about this & find your way through it accordingly

1 Like

yes I landed upto an error
500 OOPS: config file not owned by correct user, or not a file

my only doubt is once I make changes in config file to save them
I should again give the command sudo ./vsftpd_v1 vsftpd_v1.conf

Yes, once we make any changes to the config file, the vsftpd server should be restarted to put those changes into effect

And I’ll let you in on a small secret :grinning:

1 Like

Closing this topic as your issue is resolved by the mentor. If it is still not resolved, Kindly un-mark the accepted solution or create a new topic and post this question as a reference link in the description of the new topic.