Unable transfer file from client to server in module 3 milestone task2

After successfully login into ftp inside ftp_client , i tried to transfer upload.txt file using put upload.txt , it shows “transfer complete” and get download.txt , it shows “received” . But ftp_client directory only contains upload.txt , it does not has download.txt and ftp_server only has download.txt and it does not has upload.txt ,even after the successful transfer. I dont know what to do. I am stuck in it from 3 hr. Please help. @ajay-crio @chandra-kiran_crio

check path where you are transferring files.
more additional information you can refer this : https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19120-01/open.solaris/819-1634/remotehowtoaccess-60496/index.html

ftp> put upload.txt /home/crio-user/workspace/ftp-server
local: upload.txt remote: /home/crio-user/workspace/ftp-server
500 Illegal PORT command.

Getting above error when i’m using put command after successful login
@chandra-kiran_crio @bpritam please help!!

@Simple
I know the post is a bit late, but anyway.

The format of the put command is either

1. put file_to_transfer in this case the uploaded file will have the same name as the original
  2. put file_to_transfer uploaded_file_name here, the uploaded file will be saved as uploaded_file_name

Also, its not possible to upload/download by giving the directory location. For the above format of commands, we need to be on the required server(or client directory) we want the uploaded(or downloaded) files to go to.

1 Like