Tried Everything! 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp

Tried everything. Read all the threads. But still stuck in it from past 2 days. Unable to solve this error 500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in ‘ftp_username’:ftp . Please, guide.

Hey there is possibly an error in your vsftpd config file.
Can you please check again?
Hint: The particular error is related to anonymous user?

I read earlier to disable the anonymous login and did the same. I have modified the conf file with everything given in the instruction.
But still this error is coming.

Hey, you are dealing with an IP here, please understand and make the changes in the config file.

1 Like

I am using ftp
Also, I have updated listen_port in config file. What more?

Please check milestone task 3 then, you have missed out on something, check again?

Haven’t yet unlocked Milestone #3 but yeah I’ll sure look into it. Will tell you if the error still persists. Thanks a lot!

@Rahul-Crio.do Hello, I checked Milestone #3 as you said, but still the same error is coming. :frowning:

Hey guys, google some of the errors, work through the vsftpd config file, try exploring new boolean values. You will get your answer

1 Like

Thank you, @Rahul-Crio.do !
After many attempts, I was able to solve the error. WHAT A Feeling !
Things to ponder= Remember whenever you update the conf. file, make sure the changes are effective. Otherwise, you are return to square one.
Hope it helps to others.

may you elaborate a bit y u got the error because I am also getting the same error, after commenting, and trying different user name is not still working and getting diff diff error messages