Problems in assigning port

when i assign port 8081 to application properties and to integration it says connection refused when i change the port to 8080 then the get test fails giving error 500. i don’t know how to figure out this problem

Hi there,
Please also add any reference screenshots of the error that’s thrown for better context on the issue

update: i tried running it on the workspace i am getting this error
in application.properties i have set server.port=8081
yet it goes to 8080

Got it, thanks.

There will be a application.properties file in src/main & src/test for when we run the server for requests & for testing. Can you verify if you’re setting options in the correct file?

there was no application.properties file in main so i created one
now i am getting an error in getrequest

Cool.

Check if you’ve implemented the requirements. Try setting breakpoints to see what’s going wrong & add new tests to verify your functionalities.

the unit tests for all the files run successfully and the database is running. i tried debugging the integration test but it doesn’t stop on the breakpoint. the error i am getting is in the repositoryservice file when it tries to fetch the questions from the db. I added a breakpoint there the test didn’t stop

update: tried debugging again and found the error it was in the controller , response for putquestion was suppose to be null but i added a string so that is why it kept failing

Closing this topic as your issue is resolved by the mentor. If it is still not resolved, Kindly un-mark the accepted solution or create a new topic and post this question as a reference link in the description of the new topic.

Re-opening this topic as the previously accepted solution was just Un-marked.

Closing this topic as your issue is resolved by the mentor. If it is still not resolved, Kindly un-mark the accepted solution or create a new topic and post this question as a reference link in the description of the new topic.