Not sure if I'm in the right direction with Milestone 1 and 2

For milestone 1, I had to finish two functions,

1. SourceFileHandlerArrayListImpl(String fileName)
    -For this I just stored the value of the fileName to a string variable.

2. SourceFileVersion getLatestSourceFileVersion(String fileName) -
    -Here, I created an object of fileInfo and set its file name.
    Later on, I used this object to pass on to SourceFileVersionArrayListImpl(fileInfo) and returned it.

I want to know if was going in the right direction, because, after completing the required methods in milestone 2, I’m getting a Null Pointer Exception for 5 Test cases. Upon inspection, I found out that the variable lines is taking the value of null. I have been stuck in solving this for the past 20 hours and would really appreciate if someone can dm me and can help me clear my doubts.

Also, I have gone through the FAQ regarding this and still not able to understand properly. So, any help would be appreciated.

As you said that you have already gone through the FAQ, try going through this forum post as well and try to follow up with these commants -

Passing updated fileinfo object in the Handler Class solved the problem for me. Thanks for the guidance.

Closing this topic as it has been solved by you yourself. Great job, keep working hard. if its not resolved feel free to un-mark the accepted solution to re-open the topic.