Not able to start the QBox server

I guess you are running the file from wrong folder. Check if files exist in the working directory.

I can’t find the vsftpd_v1.conf file when i change the user to root.

So from which directory do I have to run the vsftpd file ?

@Mohak Use sudo su instead of sudo su -. That will land you in working directory with root privileges.
If you want to go to working directory from this point, command can be
cd ../home/crio-user/workspace/QBox/
Also, try to understand the meaning of commands you use :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi @Mohak
As the ls command is listing the directories contents only as crio-cronjobs and snap, the current working directory doesn’t have in it vsftpd_v1.conf.

• Use pwd aka GPS in Linux to locate yourself if you have lost your way through the directories
  • Use cd aka Uber in Linux to move yourself to a different location
  • Use ls to check what all files does your current directory provide

Use ls aka Map in Linux to check what all files does your current directory provide @nabhanpv

Good one @imbipulkumar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still getting command not found error :confused:

You are still in wrong directory.
hints:
1st go to proper directory and to run from current working directory use " ./ "

take your time do it slowly. Read the above answers carefully. They have mentioned what to use, the path and everything you need is there.

If you are getting confused use absolute path to go to the correct directory.

Hey Mohak!
Type exit and come back from su -. Now run sudo ./vsftp_v1 vsftpd_v1.conf

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Still getting that error

when you were in proper directory you didn’t use ./

then you went to other directory and used ./ … if you use ./vsftpd_v1 from ----ME_QBOX directory its not gonna work

Good Mohak now you seem to be in the a directory where vsftpd file might not exist.Also once you get into right directory using ls and cd try googling the error and understand more about path environment variable. I hope this points you to the right direction. :slight_smile:

Is this correct ?

@Mohak
From the milestone #1 content

The default IP address that vsftpd_v1 starts on is 0.0.0.0 and default port is 21 .