Not able to parse JSON

I created my class Stock for parsing the JSON file using Object Mapper using the following code :
json_file.readVaule(file,Stock.class)
here json_file is the ObjectMapper
However received the following error :
Cannot evaluate because of compilation error(s): The method readVaule(File, Class) is undefined for the type ObjectMapper.

Please help

How did you complete the setup 2. I mean did your gradlew test command run properly?

Yes the build was succesful.

Got the solution. Thanks any way

Hey, I m also unable to parse JSON using objectMapper. I have created my class and passing the JSON file and my Stock.class to readvalue. but getting given error:

11:03:36.135 [main] ERROR com.crio.warmup.stock.log.UncaughtExceptionHandler - {"stacktrace":["com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException.from(MismatchedInputException.java:59)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.reportInputMismatch(DeserializationContext.java:1442)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.handleUnexpectedToken(DeserializationContext.java:1216)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.handleUnexpectedToken(DeserializationContext.java:1168)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.deserializeFromArray(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1460)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeOther(BeanDeserializer.java:185)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:161)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:4202)","com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:3070)","com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication.mainReadFile(PortfolioManagerApplication.java:59)","com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication.main(PortfolioManagerApplication.java:139)"],"cause":"com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException: Cannot deserialize instance of `com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication$Stock` out of START_ARRAY token\n at [Source: (File); line: 1, column: 1]"}
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException: Cannot deserialize instance of `com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication$Stock` out of START_ARRAY token
 at [Source: (File); line: 1, column: 1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.MismatchedInputException.from(MismatchedInputException.java:59) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.reportInputMismatch(DeserializationContext.java:1442) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.handleUnexpectedToken(DeserializationContext.java:1216) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.handleUnexpectedToken(DeserializationContext.java:1168) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.deserializeFromArray(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1460) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeOther(BeanDeserializer.java:185) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:161) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:4202) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:3070) ~[jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar:2.10.1]
        at com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication.mainReadFile(PortfolioManagerApplication.java:59) ~[main/:?]
        at com.crio.warmup.stock.PortfolioManagerApplication.main(PortfolioManagerApplication.java:139) ~[main/:?]

Please help! @Rahul-Crio.do

Is this issue resolved ? I am also unable to parse the JSON file.

Since the trades.json file has multiple json elements essentially it is an array of entries whereas the statement json_file.readValue(file,Stock.class) assumes that the file has only one element hence in order to work around that I did this

Stock[] stocks = json_file.readValue(file,Stock[].class)

Hence now stocks would be an array of class type Stock.
Please see the meaning of json_file, file, Stock in original post itself.