No vsftpd.log created on ftp transfer

I am giving the following command to start my server inside QBox directory:-
sudo ./vsftpd_v1 ./vsftpd_v1.conf
I am making changes to vsftpd_v1.conf file at /home/crio-user/workspace/QBox/vsftpd_v1.conf
After logging-in to ftp in another terminal I change the working directory first to ftp_client , use
put /home/crio-user/workspace/ftp_client/upload.txt
command and after that change directory to ftp_server and use
get download.txt
Where am I going wrong? Please help @Rahul-Crio.do @gouravsardana @Saurav_Crio.Do @rathina

what is the qbox host name you have choosen when you are running ftp <qbox-host> <qbox-port>??

ftp command I am using is:-
ftp 0.0.0.0 8081

did it said something like this?

Connected to 0.0.0.0.
500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in ‘ftp_username’:ftp

No, I got the following response:-

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 9.50.55 PM

you are not running this inside of ftp_client

We have to use put /home/crio-user/workspace/ftp_client/upload.txt in ftp_client and get download.txt in ftp_server right?

Try using get and then put commands.

I tried but same result. No log file is being created. @Saurav_Crio.Do

I think you don’t need to mention path while doing get and put.

Whenever I do get download.txt in ftp_server, download.txt gets copied in ftp_client directory as I started ftp in that directory. But after that when I do put upload.txt in ftp_client, the text inside upload.txt just vanishes and no vsftpd.log file is created in this process. Though both of the time I get a transfer success message with no. of bytes transferred. Now I am not mentioning the path also in get and put command @Saurav_Crio.Do

@prateekjpg Were you able to solve it.I am also facing the same issue.

My problem is resolved!
For all those having the same problem (@Aravind_Menon), we might have done something wrong right from the setup of module 3 which is hard to trace. The best and fastest way to get everything working is to go to setup 2 of module 3 and execute the instructions again:-

cd ~/workspace/QBox

tar -xzvf vsftpd_v1.tar.gz

This will renew your vsftpd_v1 and vsftp_v1.conf files on which you can start afresh. Then make sure you have made necessary changes as given in the screenshot of the following answer(reply 16):-

1 Like

@prateekjpg Thank you.It worked