Module 4: Not able to Push submission -"You are not allowed to push code to this project"

Here is the terminal screenshots:
git push -u origin master
fatal: ‘origin’ does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
crio-user@gangwardilipkumar:~/workspace/gangwardilipkumar-ME_QBOX$ git remote add origin git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QBOX_STUBS/ME_QBOX_MODULE_DEBUGGING_STUB.git’

crio-user@gangwardilipkumar:~/workspace/gangwardilipkumar-ME_QBOX$ git push -u origin masterThe authenticity of host ‘gitlab.crio.do (3.6.224.204)’ can’t be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:FrBgRdji+ozEiYvp9mws7pcBjX/oGWyZzs8v5WmJKtA.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added ‘gitlab.crio.do,3.6.224.204’ (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
remote:
remote: ========================================================================
remote:
remote: You are not allowed to push code to this project.
remote:
remote: ========================================================================
remote:
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
crio-user@gangwardilipkumar:~/workspace/gangwardilipkumar-ME_QBOX$

Hi @dilipkumargangwar
Looks like you are facing challenges in the current module.

Below is a link to all the FAQ’s for the current module

Below are a few similar topics raised by other users which you might find usefull

Note - This is a BETA Feature,if you find this helpful, kindly let us know.
Feedback link - https://forms.gle/cmxN5pdTXgnwgC986

Kindly mark this as a solution if this has helped you solve your query

Hi @dilipkumargangwar

Let us check from our side. You have acess to git repo and maintainer acess .

We will get back to you. After verification of access permission.

Hey, you are trying to push into the stub repo instead of your repo.

If you do, git remote -v, you will see that the origin points to STUB repo instead of your repo name.
Most likely you tried doing the git clone command urself without following instructions. That’s not a problem, but you have got the command wrong.

You can copy the necessary file changes, do a git clone again from module-1 and then copy back the files into this and continue.

Hi,
I used the git clone as given during module 1.
Later Module 1,2,3 was submitted successfully.
If I do git clone again then all the changes/files will be lost, I think. So save those changes ,preferably for Module 4, I have to copy the changes in my local system. All are small file , but vsftpd.log is very large file. It will take lot of time to copy it in my system for backup for copying it again . Is there way to take backup of this file easily.
In this Module 4 , I have to take the changes of vsftpd.log also, which is a huge file. and it is not copying normally. I have to take all changes

Hi, Every module gets committed to git. So none of your changes from module-1:3 will be lost!

So you can copy the files that are required for module-4 alone outside, remove the project folder, git clone again and then copy files back.

Also good time to learn a bit about git - FAQs have some nice tutorials about it. Good 2 hour investment for life :slight_smile:

Thanks .The issue is resolved. Will check Git FAQ for more understanding :slight_smile:

Closing this topic as your issue has been resolved by the community. If not Kindly un-mark the accepted solution to re-open the topic or feel free to create a new topic and post a link to this topic as a reference.