Module 2 setup problem in git pull

crio-user@nktosni:~/workspace/nktosni-ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP$ git remote add ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_STUBS/ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.git

error: could not lock config file .git/config: File exists

fatal: could not set 'remote.ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.url' to 'git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_STUBS/ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.git

Are you sure you’re running the git command carefully.

crio-user@nktosni:~/workspace/nktosni-ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean
crio-user@nktosni:~/workspace/nktosni-ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP$ git remote add ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_STUBS/ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.git
fatal: could not set 'remote.ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.url' to 'git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_STUBS/ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.git'
crio-user@nktosni:~/workspace/nktosni-ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP$ git remote -v
['-v'] is not a valid Crio repository. Do you have any typos? You can only clone Crio repositories in your workspace.
fatal: could not set 'remote.ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.url' to 'git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_STUBS/ME_QEATS_REVIEW_MP_MODULE_FACEBOOK_SHARE_FROM_APK_STUB.git'

I’m following the steps exactly mentioned .

I am also facing the same issue please reply if you find any solution for this

remove the config.lock file in .git directory. It solved for me

1 Like

You are facing this issue because you are deleting .git folder.
We found this from history.
So, solution is
1 - Visit the workspace folder
2 - Delete the folder
3 - Clone the repository again.

I didn’t delete the .git folder !

Sir I am not getting how to delete the folder

I am not getting it can u please help .I am getting same error in module 5

Can you please help me .I am geeting the sam error in module 5