MIlestone 7 Module 4

I wrote the script to start the server and transfer the file and analyzed the tasks in that period and got success in assessment

2 Likes

How did you stop the server

Just by analyzing the processes and with help of some linux command.

@amanagar
does it need to print all failures or we should exit as soon as we find out the first error in version and print failure and (fails reason)…?

How did you analyse the tasks in parallel using another script?

To analyze the task for a particular version, did you pass the complete benchmark file and then picked out the required value from that file?

Yes you have to make use of the values you analyzse to test it with with new outcomes

This has been answered on another thread.
When you find the first error print failure: <reason for failure> and exit.

1 Like

@Kiran

while running scripts I noticed that if the terminal has sudo access everything works just fine.

But if the script is run as sudo like below

I encounter errors while doing my setup and clenaup tasks.

I think this is because inside script while doing creating and cleanup I am not using sudo for all the things.
Thus when sudo script is run the created files have owner as root.

My question is during assessments will the terminal have sudo privileges like image

or will script be run as image

?

Assessment will be run with sudo privileges. sudo prefix will not be needed during execution.

Since the assessment is running with sudo privelage can i assume that only the vspftd version will be provided as argument while running a script and we don’t have to specifically start vsftpd in the script as sudo.

Yes, go ahead with that.

Okay and one more thing, since we are automating all the steps do we have to specify an upper number to the number of times a file will be transferred for the purpose of comparisons of various aspects with benchmark?

You can do the large file transfer 1 time. If you running to assess behaviour for multiple transfer with smaller files, you can hard code that to 5 times.

@kiran

• validate_cpu_usage.sh - In benchmark we take average CPU for 1 Gb file upload and download separately.
    Questions
  1. do upload and download of only 1 gb file ?
    1.1 There might be some version that have increased CPU usage overtime with multiple files so do I upload/download multiple files ?
    PROS - Better data
    CONS - Some versions take a lot of time for even small amount of data upload/download of multiple files will take forever.
    Please suggest what is expected ?
  2. success when up/down criteria for both is passed right ?
  • validate_memory_usage.sh - In benchmark we take average memory for 1 Gb file upload and download separately.
    Questions
  1. do upload and download of only 1 gb file ?
    1.1 There might be some version that have increased memory usage overtime with multiple files so do I upload/download multiple files ?
    PROS - Better data
    CONS - Some versions take a lot of time for even small amount of data upload/download of multiple files will take forever.
    Please suggest what is expected ?
  2. success when up/down criteria for both is passed right ?
  3. For memory usage the benchmark is there to check for average memory usage then there is milestone 5 where in we have to check if memory usage is increasing over time.
    For this script do we do according to module 5 and check if memory increases over multiple file transfers ?
    OR
    Just check average memory usage ? and if this then what is criteria where the memory usage is decided as failure ? For CPU it is 2X for memory also 2X ??
  • validate_file_permissions.sh
    Questions
  1. In benchmark version we have taken permission reading according to default values in vsftpd.conf wherein for upload permission were not changed as expected in milestone 3.
    So do we compare permissions according to new specs added in module 3 or according to previous data ?

Also the QBox benchmark file that will be supplied , will it have only one value like a number 12 for CPU usage or will it be in the same format as we have prepared it and then we grep the value that is required according to the script ?

and what is output expected when say version_x fails is unable to upload a file in the cpu test but is within threshold for download ?

PLEASE help, stars of the week…
@Amogha_Crio_TA @rg99 @denilgabani @rutvij2811 @ssndhu01 @nabhanpv @sarvajit @shoryajain @malcolm_123ssj

What if version fails in more than one verification like takes more time to upload file and download file is failed?

could you please help with this MIlestone 7 Module 4

This has now been made an optional task, you can come back to this after you finish the other modules. Please check out the announcements channel on slack.