Getting error when push the updated files for assessment

I am getting below error when i push files for assessment.
remote: fatal: pack exceeds maximum allowed size
error: remote unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
error: failed to push some refs to ‘git@gitlab.crio.do:COHORT_ME_QBOX_ENROLL_CRIO_LAUNCH_2020/rupinthummar-ME_QBOX.git’

@rupin_4
This can be caused due to larger repo size. Check your repo size using du -sh . when in this folder rupinthummar-ME_QBOX

Whene i enter du -sh in 'rupinthummar-ME_QBOX ’ ,It Shows me 230 mb.

You need to ensure there are no unncessary large files in your workspace, like txt files created solely for testing transfer.

@rupin_4
You can find large files in your directory and see if they are necessary files. @Kiran had talked about how, in the CrioBytes session or you could Google.

it shows me 56 mb size of ./.git and ./.git/objects while i my friend’s workspace , size of ./.git and ./.git/objects is only 2 mb. and my directory size 56 mb. what is reason behind them?

Did you check out this FAQ?

You could have added a large pcap file to commit earlier.

Facing same issue, even tried the solution provided in FAQs, didn’t work. Please help.

First I added after that I had deleted that

I think the folder size won’t reduce if we delete a file that was committed because we should ideally be able to go back to an older commit and find the file there. You’ll have to remove the large files from git folder too, although I’m not sure how to do this.

@rupin_4 put du -sh command in each internal folder, im sure one of the folder has large size files

i already have got it. ./.git file is large( 56 mb) file but i can’t delete it.

which file is this…can you elaborate more

it git repository file when we install setup at that time it is stored.

check for the other file first