Error when updating vsftpd_v1.conf file in milestone 3 of module 3

here in milestone 3 I have to start qbox server after changing or adding the parameters there so that I can get that 8081 port in netstat -an but when I try to start qbox server after updating vsftpd_v1.conf file this error comes, pls help.@Ashutosh@kiran
[Deleting the image since it has the configuration showing]

Please refer Error “500 OOPS: Bad bool Value”

Is it resolved, yet?

no
it did not resolved yet

Have you given root access to vsftpd_v1? after that show what does ls -l gives? try running sudo ./vsftpd_v1 vsftpd_v1.conf otherwise

i have done that only

the problem is when changing connect_from_port_20 from Yes to NO as given in instructions of milestone 3 this error occurs ,if I do connect_from_port_20=YES then it works fine.I am not gettiong what’s the issue and in instruction it is given to do connect_from_port_20=N0

Not getting my answers

@Kiran what’s this issue

Did you check

1. Any additional spaces in the config parameter assignments? Remember that space matters in the config file.
  2. Also, check for duplicate entries of parameters in the config file.

If you are unable to find it, start with a clean config file from the tar file in QBox directory.

How is your issue resolved?

I have just put the line connect_from_port_20=NO to the top of the file and checked the spaces and duplicate occurrences so it worked for me.

2 Likes