Empty log in Mod 3

Logs are empty and I have no idea where to look.

Failing Case in Assessment says

com.crio.warmup.stock.ModuleThreeTest
mainCalculateReturnsOldTrades()

I’m having the same problem. Maybe something is wrong on their end.

1 Like

It’s intentionally empty, it’s an internal test case. You need to look at your code and figure out the corner cases where it may fail. That’s what worked for me.

There are many hidden test cases from our end. Make sure your logic is enough to pass the hidden test cases

any hints as to where to look ?
tried some things but they don’t seem to work :worried: :disappointed:

Explore test folder!
OR
you may use debugging feature that Laboratory flask like icon on right edge.

This is thier internal test case so exploring the test folder wont help… and what to debug since i have no idea what this test case is about :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Like you did in Module 3 put break point. Go to flask like icon. Search for related debugging function name. Like if you have to debug abc() there is something like testabc() or debugabc() you just need to put cursor click right open in debugging mode. In right window check stack, variables. They are valid or not???
By test case I mean given test cases(not hidden).

And in test folder you will find something which will be very helpful and that is JUnit functions which is actually running behind to check corner cases in Java application. Pmd for syntax and for pretty code. Spotbug for bug finding in application.

Even I was stuck on this test. All I can say is inspect your code very, very carefully.
Check what new additions you have made for module 3. It is most probably a logical error.

For me this TC was not passing because I was not returning the sorted list in descending order. As I added sorting it passed.
Coming to the precision for no. of years, Calculating days instead of years using Chronounit worked for me.
@shivansh

I chnaged my sorting algo now instead to comparator i used bubble sort to sort the array in decreasing order and it Passed !!!

I

Hint: Check your sort method for precision loss.

Modern problems require modern solutions.

Using bubble sort is good enough for passing the module since the list would only have 3 rows. In a real scenario we can expect the length of the list to be large enough for an O(n2) algorithm to time out. I would suggest you to check out the documentation for the Collections.sort() method.