Common Git Issues

Issue - 1 - pack exceed maximum allowed size
This error occurs when your commit size is more than 10MB.

Steps to check if the size is more than 10M or not -

• Use cd ~/workspace/<username>-ME_QBOX

• Use du -sh . or du -sh <username>-ME_QBOX and see the result. If the output shows greater than 10M disk space usage then this will happen.

Steps to solve -

• Go to gitlab.crio.do and navigate to your repo. Get the git repo ssh link.
    OnPaste.20200223-141620

NOTE- Login with your launch email ID.

• Create a new folder in the workspace.

mkdir ~/workspace/online_repo

cd ~/workspace/online_repo

• Clone the repo git clone <your_repo>
  • Follow the instructions in the setup task for this module.

• Copy paste individual files which are needed for submission from the old repo (~/workspace/<username>-ME_QBOX/<module_name>/) to the new one (~/workspace/online_repo/<username>-ME_QBOX/<module_name>).
  • Check the size of the new repo (Go to ~/workspace/online_repo) by running du -sh . and make sure it is less than 10M.
    New Repo -

Old Repo -

• Continue using your new_repo for this module and future modules
  • Go to cd ~/workspace/online_repo/-ME_QBOX/
  • Try to push the code :slight_smile:

Issue 2 - Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists
You are not able to push code to the repo.

Troubleshoot
High chances that you cloned the STUB repo instead of your ME repository.
Type git remote -v and you will find that there is an entry called origin and it will point to STUB repository instead of yourname-ME_NAME.

Steps to solve

• You can quickly copy the files you need into your workspace folder, follow the git clone steps given in the first module (probably) and copy the files back.
  • You can then continue with your git add, commit, push commands.

FAQ Git push fail (pack exceed maximum allowed size )

Closing this topic as your issue is resolved by the mentor. If it is still not resolved, Kindly un-mark the accepted solution or create a new topic and post this question as a reference link in the description of the new topic.

Closing this topic as your issue is resolved by the mentor. If it is still not resolved, Kindly un-mark the accepted solution or create a new topic and post this question as a reference link in the description of the new topic.