Code committing error

crio-user@sakshijha0610:~/workspace/sakshijha0610-ME_QBOX$ git push -u origin master
Counting objects: 84, done.
Delta compression using up to 2 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (76/76), done.
remote: fatal: pack exceeds maximum allowed size
remote:
remote: ========================================================================
remote:
remote: stdin send error: EOF
remote:
remote: ========================================================================
remote:
error: remote unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
error: failed to push some refs to ‘git@gitlab.crio.do:COHORT_ME_QBOX_ENROLL_CRIO_LAUNCH_2020/sakshijha0610-ME_QBOX.git’

i get the above error although all the files are less than 2mb as mentioned in the milestone

Please refer to the following FAQ

even after doing this size of the repository remains same

This usually happens if the pcap files generated by you are very large (more than 1MB). Try to reduce the size of the pcap files and it should work out. Also please check if you have some unnecessary useless file created from the previous modules.

1 Like

All my files are below 1mb but still i am getting this error

Check again the size of all the files and also size of the whole repository that is being pushed. There is some mistake for sure.

all the files that i have created in this task are under 1GB. the connections files and tcp.issue files are the one which over 2 gbs

You have definitely some file which are over 10MB. Because for commit you have that directory under 10 MB. So make sure about that.

@chandra-kiran_crio this is the problem i was talking about

I cant run the git command to set up module mentioned up .it shows the following error
"crio-user@sakshijha0610:~/workspace/online_repo/sakshijha0610-ME_QBOX$ git remote add ME_QBOX_MODULE_ANALYZING_PROTOCOL_STUB git@gitlab.crio.do:ME_QBOX_STUBS/ME_QBOX_MODULE_ANALYZING_PROTOCOL_STUB.git
fatal: not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home/crio-user)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
"

deleting any file gives this error “Error: EACCES: permission denied, unlink ‘/home/crio-user/workspace/new_repo/sakshijha0610-ME_QBOX/linux_commands/print_directory_structure.sh’”

For this fatal: not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home/crio-user)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set). error,
Please try https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16853624/git-discovery-across-filesystem-not-set

all my files are below 1mb but still du-sh command shows 65 mb. i even deleted the old modules from this new repo.

Hi @Sakshi1-

Please follow the steps mentioned in the following FAQ.

And if that still doesn’t work. Send the screenshots of the steps that you have followed from above FAQ.

i created a new folder before this. I am trying to clone the folder but i get access denied. I used the user-id mentioned on gitlab.crio.do and password that i use to log into it.

i successfully cloned the file and copied the files to this repo.But i get this error when i try to push it on master branch

@Crio-Admin please look into this

Why is the folder named online-repo? It won’t work at all. Make sure you go through the setup steps again. Your project setup is just not right.

I think its because she went through this link :slight_smile:

@Sakshi1 In case you went through what @shoryajain indicated, it is just a procedure to resolve issues. You need to have the project structure as defined in the setup milestone necessarily.