530 Non-anonymous sessions must use encryption

i created an ssl certificate and i am able to transfer files between desktop and server and it is also showing certificate details but when i am unable to login using local ftp

You would have to add some params to vsftpd.conf file for this to work.
Search the error on google. You will find it.

yup i did it
thanks for the reply

SSL wont work for local host. Use it for other ip. Moreover the command line does not offer encryption services thus producing the error. So, to securely connect to the server, you need FTP client that supports SSL/TLS connections such as FileZilla .

I think adding those params defeats the purpose of the module. He can use an alternative client such as ftp-ssl.

1 Like

Hey facing the same issue.

Hey @manmodesanket follow this tutorial :
https://www.tecmint.com/secure-vsftpd-using-ssl-tls-on-centos/

Hey where have you created the certificate and key in QBox folder or etc/ssl/private

It won’t really matter. But you should create in the workspace directory

Facing this issue while creating certificate and key
Can’t open home/crio-user/workspaceQBox/vsftpd.pem for writing, No such file or directory
140212656419264:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:…/crypto/bio/bss_file.c:72:fopen(‘home/crio-user/workspaceQBox/vsftpd.pem’,‘w’)
140212656419264:error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file:…/crypto/bio/bss_file.c:79:

Please check the path. You missed the ‘/’ between workspace and Qbox in the path. Make sure you write correct path

Typo issue resolved. Thanks

1 Like

crio-user@manmodesanket:~/workspace/QBox$ sudo systemctl restart vsftpd
Failed to restart vsftpd.service: Unit vsftpd.service not found.

Can you help me this

@manmodesanket Don’t loose patience so easily. Check if you really have your server named as ‘vsftpd’ or is it named something else. Try to understand what exactly that command is doing.

Note that the milestones are not mandating you to transfer file securely using the ftp command line client.
The question related to ftp command line client is whether ftp supports secure transfer in the first place.

2 Likes

i don’t think you should do this , milestone is asking for something else

this command is for restarting the vsftpd server. you can simply shut your vsftpd server with Ctrl+c and starting it again.

Yes done with it yesterday only thanks