100% packet loss while pinging

The ping is unsuccessful and shows 100% packet loss…
But when I ping to google.com or 8.8.8.8 it justs works fine. Does anybody know what is happening?

Hey @devaljain1998 as you are pinging from your local machine may be firewall is blocking it to ping on that ip address so better is if you will ping from VM to same ip address that thing will work

Yes @amanagar Sir, If I ping my Server ip address through my server only then it works.
I also don’t have a firewall active on Ubuntu (sudo ufw status show ‘inactive’)…

What to do now? Sir, please guide me as this is the first task of module 5 and without it I cannot proceed further.

why are you pinging it from your local machine ping it from VM and then you can capture packages using tcpdump and i think you are not able to understand instructions correctly there may be an activity to ping the IP using local machine but there is no task related to that so you are good to go ahead.

Try it over a different network. I had the same problem and what I found out was my college network blocked connection to this server.

It’s been more than 12 hours hours now and there is no response from your side. I am closing this ticket, if you face any issue please feel free to raise a new query.